Saturday 16 June 2012

I Heart London by Lindsey Kelk Review

I Heart London is the fifth instalment in the 'I Heart' series by the wonderful Lindsey Kelk. Each book follows a different plot but the general gist of I Heart London is Angela (our heroine) is summoned back to London for her mother's 60th birthday after not seeing her parents for 2 years whilst living in New York. She decides to bring her fiance, Alex, to finally meet them, and accompanied by her best friend Jenny but when she gets there, a few surprises catch dear old Angela Clark of guard.

 Before reading this, I would suggest reading the first four books in order to get the true experience of love of them. I heart New York, I heart Hollywood, I heart Paris and I Heart Vegas, just in case you were wondering. I'm not gonna go over the synopsis of the previous books because I assume if you're reading this review, you're interesting in the book therefore you've read the previous books. But you know what they weh

If you are looking for a light read, something that doesn't require any thinking (that sounds insulting but its really not suppose to be), this is perfect. I find myself whizzing through these books and not being able to stop until I've reached the last page and then I realise I have to wait a year for the next instalment and then I curse my non existent control for not savouring every page for as long as possible. Caution, do not read these books when you have exams etc, they are highly addictive.

It is your basic rom/com, chick lit book, except what I love is that everything gets to the point. I usually hate starting a new book because I almost always hate the beginning of books, they seem to drag on and they don't need to, and I just wanna shake the writer and shout C'MON! I heart London (and the rest) pretty much starts where it leaves off and indulges straight into the storyline without any unnecessary stops, Therefore, there's no endless pages of catchup and whatnot. One thing I do like is that Kelk brings up plots and shenanigans of the previous books when mentioned without giving too much away so people who have read the book and are a bit forgetful can think, oh yeah, and those who haven't read it should read the others ones...

I know for sure that there is no way for me to compare I Heart London to the other I Heart books as each book offers new drama that is just as excellent as the last. It made me awww, it made me mutter 'bitch' and it made me laugh. Everything that I would want in a book. If that's what you're looking for, I highly recommend, I Heart London if you have read the previous ones, if not, read the previous books in the series, then I will recommend you this book.

Recommendable? HELL YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment