Thursday 12 April 2012

11 Ways To Make Life Happier!

 
Everyone seeks out to be happier in life, and why wouldn't you? Below I conjured up a list of things I believe will improve everyone's perspective on life!

1) Stop Caring What Other People Think
Easier said than done eh? How I put this tip into action is by simply saying 'why do I care what other people think' when I start to worry that others may judge me. Simple but effective...well for me.

2) Breathe Before You Get Angry
When we're angry we say things and do things in the heat of the moment. To prevent severe regret, before lashing out, take a breath and count to 10. In as little as 10 seconds you'll rationalise your actions and prevent some possible problems.

3) Write 5 Things You're Grateful For Every Night
...or every day, depending on your preference. This works especially well when you're just a little disgruntled and feeling the blues, writing down just 5 things you're grateful for puts everything in perspective and makes you feel happier and more grateful about life.

4) Don't Judge Others
As said in Mean Girls, making fun of someone else or judging someone else won't make your life better. Just ditch the bitchiness and you'll see yourself becoming a nicer, happier person!

5) Do What You Love
Life's too short to waste it doing something to make someone else happy rather than yourself. Obviously, I'm not saying stop feeling compassion and just look out for yourself, what I'm saying is don't strive in life to make others happy and disregard what you want which leads me onto my next point...

6) Help Others
A bit paradoxical with 5) but you need to find the line. Helping others makes you feel like a good person. I volunteered at a charity and just knowing you're helping a cause makes you think 'hey I'm a decent person' and I think everyone wants to be at the least, a decent person.

7) Read
Reading is something you can't mimic. Watching movies is great and all but reading books brings things to a new level. The level of description and emotion put into novels can't be portrayed on television, it just can't be done. And I don't believe anyone who says 'I don't like to read', that's impossible. That's like saying I don't like to watch movies. It's just about finding the right preference.

8) Be Healthy
A healthy colon is a happy mind! I've seen a drastic improvement on my attitude towards life when I began to run regularly and eat healthier. There's no reason not to be healthy, it gives you everything you would want.

9) Meditation
I haven't tried a regular meditation routine but it is highly recommended. I've read that meditation is a soul cleanser, it relaxes you and if you do it enough, it will bring you to the highest level of meditation, 'feeling at peace with the earth'. Sounds quite gnarly.

10) Explore
What fun is life if you can't explore the world. Even exploring your city is enough. What I would recommend is take a bus or train anywhere, don't plan it, and just see where it takes you. I've done this before. I just got on a bus and let the day unravel. It's such a spontaneous thing, you just never know what you'll find or who you'll meet.

11) Be Happy Alone
When I was younger, I didn't have a lot of friends which forced me to find entertainment by myself. This is a great trait to have because it makes you more independent and happy with yourself. I love to be alone, don't get me wrong, my friends are great, but when you're alone, there's no 'guidelines' as such. You can do anything you want and you don't have to cater to other people's needs. So learn it and love it!

Thanks for reading and tell me what you think!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment